Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sewing Machines for Beginners: Immersion Learning

Some types of learning are best done hands on.  So it is with sewing.  If you don't have tools, you really can't sew.  If you have a daughter who wants to explore fashion design, a good sewing machine is a must.  However, teens and tweens may not be sure, and so you may not want to spend too much money on a starter sewing machine.  The model featured here, the Brother LS2000, is the one I picked out for my tween and teen daughters, after reading a number of reviews.  I have been greatly pleased with this choice.

My daughters have used their machines extensively, and have found them easy to operate.  Their sewing classes use other Brother models, and the girls have found the LS2000 model to be very similar to what they were previously using in 4H.

Having their own sewing machines has allowed my tween and teen daughters to experiment, and to continue to create, both from patterns, and from their own ideas.  If you want a great starter sewing machine for an older child, tween, or teen, this is an outstanding choice.

More Brother Models

Brother XL2600I Sew Advance Sew Affordable 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing MachineBrother LS2125I Easy-To-Use Lightweight Basic 10-Stitch Sewing MachineBrother XL-3750 Convertible 35-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine with Quilting Features